Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II, Inc.

2205 Greensburg Rd
Green, OH 44720

Get Directions

Storing Your RV: Insurance Considerations for Seasonal Use

Some tasks are more evident than others when it comes to storing your RV. When creating a maintenance checklist, you should include tasks such as disconnecting the propane and pest-proofing your camper. However, other tasks are equally essential. The team at Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. in Green, OH, has compiled the following tips to help you keep your RV road-ready while potentially saving on insurance costs.

Security Is a Top Priority

Anyone can attach their vehicle to your RV without a hitch lock and drive away. This scenario could potentially dampen your camping trip, cost you thousands of dollars in lost items, and cause the headache of filing an insurance claim. It’s advisable to periodically change the entry locks in your driveable RV to keep unauthorized individuals out of your traveling home while it’s in storage. Before storing your RV in a rental facility, check out online comments and consult with the BBB concerning the company’s reputation.

Check the Pantry, Freezer, and Refrigerator

Leftover food can cause foul odors, making your RV uninhabitable. Therefore, it is crucial to remove all food products before storing your RV for the off-season. This step is also a great way to avoid attracting hungry critters that may infest your vehicle in search of free treats. We recommend leaving the fridge and freezer open to air out before storage.

Prepare Your Batteries for Storage

If you own a driveable RV, you’ll need to store your chassis battery and house batteries in a secure location. Prepare the house batteries for long-term storage for RVs towed behind your vehicle. Disconnect the batteries and trickle charge them using 30/50 amp chargers, which are typically available at most storage facilities.

Check Your RV Insurance Policy

Before choosing a storage facility, ensure it meets the criteria specified in your insurance policy. Also, review exactly what your insurance covers. For example, determine whether your RV insurance will reimburse you for stolen items.

Contact Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. agents in Green, OH, to schedule an evaluation of your existing RV coverage or to receive a free quote for a new RV insurance policy.

Protection from Uninsured Drivers with RV Insurance

RV insurance offers crucial protection against uninsured drivers, providing peace of mind for RV owners in case of accidents involving motorists without insurance coverage. This coverage is necessary around Green, OH.

Comprehensive Coverage

RV insurance is a comprehensive safety net, typically incorporating uninsured motorist coverage as part of its protection package. This coverage compensates RV owners for damages resulting from accidents with uninsured or underinsured drivers.

Financial Safeguard

Uninsured motorist coverage acts as a financial shield, covering various expenses, including medical bills, vehicle repairs, and related costs for both the RV owner and passengers. This coverage is a lifeline, sparing RV owners from significant financial burdens they would otherwise have to bear.

Hit-and-Run Protection

Uninsured motorist coverage also extends to hit-and-run accidents, where the responsible party flees without a trace. For instance, if your RV is parked and an uninsured driver hits it and drives away, this coverage ensures that you are still protected, covering the RV’s damages and the occupants’ injuries.

Property Damage Coverage

Moreover, uninsured motorist coverage may include protection for property damage caused by uninsured drivers. This comprehensive coverage ensures that RV owners are safeguarded against bodily injuries and damage to their vehicle and other property resulting from accidents with uninsured motorists.

Peace of Mind

With uninsured motorist coverage, RV owners can embark on their travels with a sense of security, knowing they are financially protected even in accidents involving uninsured drivers. Understanding the significance of this coverage and ensuring adequate protection empowers RV owners to enjoy their journeys with confidence and peace of mind.

Let Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. Give You Information

Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. helps answer your RV insurance questions and caters to the Green, OH region. Call us today. 

Additional coverage for motorcyclists

Understanding the Difference between Home and Condo Insurance

Home and condo insurance play crucial roles in safeguarding your living space. Despite some similar aspects, they have distinct differences. At Grove Financial & Associates Inc. in Mechanicsburg, PA, we provide both home and condo insurance and are equipped to address any queries you have regarding the types of coverage they offer.

Property VS Condominium Ownership

Condominium ownership often serves as an affordable entryway into the housing market. Condominiums can be an attractive option for those devoid of time or inclination to immerse themselves in lawn upkeep and exterior home maintenance. Property coverage is the significant difference between owning a condo and a home. The condo association’s master policy covers the maintenance of the exterior, taking care of aspects like roofing, siding, porch, windows, and parking lots. By perusing your agreement, you can ascertain the extent of your responsibility inside the condo.

Divergence in Liability Coverage

Depending on the location of the injury, the liability coverage also varies. You would be held accountable for injuries inside your unit or for family members away from the property. However, injuries sustained outside the property fall under the purview of the master policy. Individual content coverage for a condo mimics that offered for a home and protects your personal property within the unit, ensuring loss coverage even when you are away from your condo.

Understanding ‘Loss of Use’ Insurance

Loss of use insurance operates similarly for condos and stand-alone homes. If a covered hazard damages your unit, rendering it inhospitable, your condo insurance will provide coverage for temporary accommodation until your condo becomes habitable again, adhering to your policy’s limits.

If you reside in or around Mechanicsburg, PA, and require condo insurance, please contact our team at Grove Financial & Associates Inc.

Why Every Boater Should Have Boat Insurance

If you own a boat, you know how much fun it is to take it out on the water. However, this can also expose you to risks. Every boat owner should have boat insurance just in case the worst happens. There are many dangers on the water, so you need to be insured against them. If you don’t have a boat policy yet, call us at Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. in Green, OH. 

Boating Accidents

When you take your boat out, there’s always the chance that you could get into a boating accident. If this happens, you could be liable for any costs that come from the accident. If you’re judged to be at fault for the accident, you could owe a lot on bills like medical and repair bills. All of these could be up to you to pay on your own without boat insurance. This can be financially devastating. It’s important to never go out on the water without your policy in place for your own financial protection. 

Coverage Types

Within a boat policy, there can be several types of coverage. These can include bodily injury coverage that pays for medical bills after an accident. They can also include property damage liability that pays for damage to another boat. Of course, boats can sink and may need to be replaced entirely. You can also get collision coverage to pay for the repairs to your own watercraft when you’ve caused an accident. 

Get Boat Insurance Now

Don’t stay in financial jeopardy. Make sure you have a boat insurance policy to protect yourself. Call us at Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. in Green, OH, to get your policy.

Combining Umbrella Coverage with Existing Policies for Comprehensive Protection

Optimize Your Insurance Coverage in Green, OH

Securing the right insurance coverage around the Green, OH area is fundamental to safeguarding your assets and financial well-being. Standard home, auto, and other insurance policies provide substantial protection, yet they may present coverage limits in the face of a significant lawsuit or catastrophic event. This is where an additional layer of liability coverage, such as an umbrella insurance policy, extends beyond the confines of existing policies.

Deciphering the Naunce of Umbrella Insurance

Umbrella insurance serves as an annex to your primary insurance policies like homeowners or auto insurance. It offers extra liability coverage, which activates when the limits of your foundational policies are exhausted. This widened coverage protects you financially in a situation where a lawsuit or claim exceeds the boundaries of your standard insurance policies.

The Advantage of Combining Coverage

When umbrella coverage aligns with your existing policies, you can enjoy several key benefits:

  • Enhanced Liability Protection: Umbrella insurance fills gaps left by your primary policies and provides higher protection thresholds.
  • Broader Coverage Scope: Umbrella policies often cover a wider range of risks than standard insurance policies, offering protection against defamation, slander, and false arrest.
  • Cost-Effective Solution: Despite its extensive coverage, umbrella insurance is typically affordable, making it a high-value proposition.

Customizing Your Protection

When integrating umbrella coverage with your existing policies, it’s vital to adjust your coverage to fit your specific needs and risk profile. Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc., with its experienced agents, can help you assess your liabilities and determine the appropriate coverage level to protect your financial future adequately.

Making a Difference with Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc.

At Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc., we aim to address your queries about umbrella insurance. Serving Green, OH, reach out to us today for customized solutions that cater to your needs.

What Exactly Does Condo Insurance Cover?

You’re likely excited about your accomplishment if you have purchased a condo. Owning a condo in Green, OH (or anyplace else) is similar to owning a home, and most people consider it an event to be proud of. One thing you must be mindful of when owning a condo is having adequate condo insurance. You might wonder exactly what condo insurance covers, and here is an overview.

Not Equivalent to Homeowners Insurance

One thing that many condo owners believe is that condo insurance is equivalent to homeowners insurance. While there are some similarities, condo insurance is different from homeowners insurance. Condos typically come with homeowners association fees, as the homeowner’s association provides some coverage for your condo. Included in this coverage are the common areas of the complex, as well as the exterior of your condo. Therefore, any condo insurance that you purchase is supplemental. While homeowners insurance covers the interior as well as the exterior of a home, condo insurance only covers:

  • Any personal property that is damaged or destroyed
  • Injuries sustained at your condo
  • Living expenses if your condo becomes uninhabitable and you must reside someplace else temporarily
  • Any lawsuit that may be brought against you
  • And more

When purchasing a policy, your insurance agent can provide more information about what’s covered for a deeper understanding. 

As you can see, what condo insurance covers is pretty straightforward. So, if you’re seeking a new condo insurance provider, we at Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. provide coverage for the Green, OH, area. We are always accepting new clients, and we pride ourselves on our high standards, which results in many happy customers who love our top-notch service and coverage. Call us today at Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. for a quote. 

Is Your Policy Good Enough?

Finding an excellent auto insurance policy is a critical step that can transform your experience in many ways. Our team at Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. can help Green, OH residents understand whether their policy is suitable for their needs or if they need to update their options suitably.

Does It Provide Great Liability Protection?

Liability is the most basic policy available on the market and covers injuries that might occur during a crash. It covers any damage or injuries you cause in an accident and is critical for anybody worried about the potential danger of lawsuits or even legal action from the government.

Will It Help You With Medical Recovery?

What happens in a car accident if you’re liable but get hurt anyway? Well, your liability protection will only cover people that you’ve hurt. However, medical coverage policies will pay for your recovery. As a result, it’s smart to add this protection level to your policy to avoid issues.

Are You Sure It Replaces Your Vehicle?

Did you know that most auto insurance policies use a “real value” estimate when replacing a totaled vehicle? That means it replaces your car based on its actual worth and not what you paid. Talk to your insurance agent to see if there is an upgraded option available for you.

What Other Protection Does It Offer?

Auto insurance policies can take on many different forms and add extra coverage options to keep you safe. These include things as diverse as no- or low-value insurance coverage (if another driver has a bad policy), weather-related problems, and other unique issues.

Who Can You Trust?

At Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc., our agents can help Green, OH residents find great auto insurance policies that make sense for them. Contact us today if you’re unsure about your options or don’t think your current policy is good enough.

Basic Small Business Commercial Insurance: What’s a BOP?

Many small businesses in Green, OH have similar risk exposures and insurance coverage needs. For these businesses, a business owner policy (BOP) is often the best type of policy to get.

What is a Business Owner’s Policy?

A business owner’s policy is a bundled insurance package designed for small to medium-sized businesses. It typically combines commercial property insurance and general liability insurance.

  • Commercial Property Insurance: Usually covers the physical assets of a business, such as any building, equipment, or inventory. The coverage usually protects against damage and loss resulting from common risks like fire, theft, and natural disasters.
  • General Liability Insurance: Usually covers injuries that others sustain or damage to their property, for which the business is responsible. The coverage primarily protects against injuries and damage occurring in commonplace accidents. General liability also may guard against any defamation or false advertising lawsuits.

Together, these two coverages meet the basic insurance needs of many small businesses in Green, OH. At Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc., we can help you determine whether this type of policy meets your business’s particular needs.

Businesses with more extensive or varied insurance needs might require a commercial package policy rather than a BOP.

Advantages of a BOP

The primary advantage of a BOP is the convenience of having essential coverages under one policy. This simplifies administration and often results in lower premiums for most businesses.

Get Help Protecting Your Business

If you need help finding commercial insurance for your small business, contact us at Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. We can help you determine whether a BOP is right for your business and then find one if it indeed meets your business’s needs well.

Why should someone in Ohio get a home insurance policy?

Homeowners in the Green, OH area have likely continued to find that owning a property is a good idea. When you are a property owner in this area, you will enjoy having a stable place to live as well as the financial benefits that come with ownership in the long run. If you would like to own real estate here, you need to have insurance. There are a lot of reasons to get this coverage here. 

Ensure the Home is Covered

A great reason for having home insurance in this part of Ohio is so you can be assured that your home is covered. If you are going to buy a home, you will be making a very large investment that you will want to enjoy for years to come. A home insurance plan can help ensure this occurs. This coverage will provide support for fire and other types of damage, which can protect your home.

Meet Obligations

It is also a good idea to have a home insurance plan to meet obligations. Having home insurance is required in many situations. If you have taken out a loan or live in an association, you likely do have this requirement. When you get a full home insurance plan, it will give you the support needed to meet your obligations.  

Reach Out To Us

Home insurance should always be considered a necessity if you are in the Green, OH area. When you are ready to start looking for insurance when you are in this part of Ohio, you should call our team with Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. Our insurance team at Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. knows the importance of this insurance and will offer any support you need to create a plan that protects your home. 

Renters Insurance for Home Office Professionals: Securing Your Remote Workspace

As remote work becomes increasingly prevalent in and around Green, OH, many professionals have set up home offices to accommodate their work-from-home arrangements. While a home office provides convenience and flexibility, it’s essential to consider the insurance implications of operating a remote workspace within your rented property. 

Securing Your Home Office Equipment and Assets

For professionals working from home, most of their work-related assets are likely located within their home office. This includes computers, monitors, printers, office furniture, and specialized equipment. Renters insurance can help protect these assets in several ways:

  • Personal Property Coverage: Renters insurance typically covers personal belongings, which includes your home office equipment and furniture. In the event of theft, fire, or other covered perils, your insurance policy can reimburse you for replacing or repairing damaged or stolen items.
  • Valuable Items Coverage: If you have high-value items like expensive computer equipment or specialized tools, consider adding a valuable items endorsement to your renter’s insurance policy. This ensures that these valuable assets are adequately protected.

Liability Protection for Your Home Office

Another critical aspect of renters insurance is liability coverage. If a client, colleague, or delivery person is injured while visiting your home office, you could be liable for medical expenses or legal fees. Renters insurance can provide liability protection, covering these costs and helping you avoid financial hardship.

Additional Living Expenses

Renters insurance can assist with additional living expenses, such as hotel bills or increased food costs. At the same time, your rented residence is being repaired or replaced if you should have to stay elsewhere.

Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. Can Help You

At Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc., we can help answer questions concerning renter’s insurance. We serve the Green, OH area. Contact us today. 

Our Partner
  • AllState
  • Foremost
  • Frankenmuth
  • Hiscox
  • Liberty
  • National General
  • Nationwide
  • Progressive
  • Safeco
  • The Hartford
  • Travelers
  • USLI
  • Utica National
  • Westfield