Spring is a great time to review your auto insurance coverages to ensure you have the protection you need. Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. is here to help Green, OH drivers understand your coverage options.
What is Comprehensive Auto Insurance?
Sometimes known as ‘other than collision’ coverage, this type of auto insurance protects your vehicle from damage from vandalism, theft, fire, civil disturbances like riots, natural disasters, and falling objects. Much like collision coverage, you’ll have a deductible to meet before the claim covers the remainder of your repairs.
What’s Not Covered by Comprehensive Coverage?
Some types of damages are not covered by comprehensive. These include:
- Collision damage to your vehicle.
- Collision damage to another person’s vehicle.
- Maintenance issues.
- Water damage related to maintenance issues – like a seal failure or leaving a window open.
- Medical expenses for yourself or your passengers that result from an accident.
- The cost of a rental while your car is under repairs or non-driveable. Talk to your agent if you will need another set of wheels while yours is out of commission.
Does Green, OH Require Comprehensive Coverage?
Ohio state law does not mandate that drivers carry comprehensive coverage, but your lender might require it if you are currently leasing or financing.
Should I Carry Comprehensive Insurance?
The best way to answer this question is to consider how much your vehicle is worth. A good rule of thumb is to consider the rate you’d pay to carry comprehensive and collision coverage and multiply that by ten. If that exceeds the value of your car, it may not be the best investment for you. It’s best to discuss your options with a knowledgeable insurance agent. Call Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. today; our friendly staff can answer your questions and help you get the coverage that best meets your needs.