Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II, Inc.

2205 Greensburg Rd
Green, OH 44720

Get Directions

Basic Small Business Commercial Insurance: What’s a BOP?

Many small businesses in Green, OH have similar risk exposures and insurance coverage needs. For these businesses, a business owner policy (BOP) is often the best type of policy to get.

What is a Business Owner’s Policy?

A business owner’s policy is a bundled insurance package designed for small to medium-sized businesses. It typically combines commercial property insurance and general liability insurance.

  • Commercial Property Insurance: Usually covers the physical assets of a business, such as any building, equipment, or inventory. The coverage usually protects against damage and loss resulting from common risks like fire, theft, and natural disasters.
  • General Liability Insurance: Usually covers injuries that others sustain or damage to their property, for which the business is responsible. The coverage primarily protects against injuries and damage occurring in commonplace accidents. General liability also may guard against any defamation or false advertising lawsuits.

Together, these two coverages meet the basic insurance needs of many small businesses in Green, OH. At Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc., we can help you determine whether this type of policy meets your business’s particular needs.

Businesses with more extensive or varied insurance needs might require a commercial package policy rather than a BOP.

Advantages of a BOP

The primary advantage of a BOP is the convenience of having essential coverages under one policy. This simplifies administration and often results in lower premiums for most businesses.

Get Help Protecting Your Business

If you need help finding commercial insurance for your small business, contact us at Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. We can help you determine whether a BOP is right for your business and then find one if it indeed meets your business’s needs well.

The Benefits of Commercial Insurance for Employers with Independent Contractors

If you are an employer who hires independent contractors, you may be wondering if commercial insurance is necessary for your business. While the answer to this question can be complex, the short answer is yes. Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. explains.

Why Is Commercial Insurance Necessary? 

Commercial insurance helps protect employers from numerous risks associated with hiring independent contractors in Green, OH. These policies help cover medical expenses in case of an accident or injury on the job, as well as legal expenses if an employee files a lawsuit against the company.

Additionally, these policies can also provide coverage in cases where an independent contractor fails to complete their contracted work or materials they provided have caused damage or losses to your business. 

What Kinds Of Coverage Do I Need? 

The type of coverage you need will depend on the scope of work performed by your independent contractors. For instance, general liability policies are good for covering any damages incurred by third parties while doing business with you (slips & falls on the premises, etc.)

Worker’s compensation policies provide benefits to employees who sustain an injury at work; this includes both traditional employees and independent contractors. Professional liability policies offer protection from financial loss due to errors in services provided by employees or independent contractors.

Give Us A Call

If you are an employer in Green, OH who hires independent contractors, then it is essential that you obtain adequate commercial insurance coverage. This is to protect yourself from potential liabilities and losses resulting from work-related activities. Contact Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. today so that we can help you get the right coverage for your business.

Commercial Insurance FAQ

If you own a business, it is imperative that you have the right insurance products to protect your investment. Not only have you invested money into your business, but you have also invested your time and your energy. At Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc, serving Green, OH, we make it our business to help you find the right insurance for your business. Keep reading to learn more about commercial insurance. 

How Will Commercial Insurance Benefit Me?

Commercial insurance is a specially designed insurance product made for business owners. There are many layers to running your business smoothly, and each of those layers needs protection. A commercial insurance policy bundles the different types of coverage into a straightforward plan. 

What Types of Coverage Does Commercial Insurance Offer?

Because each business is different, each policy will also be different. Our team can work with you to customize a package that suits your particular needs. In general, though, most commercial policies will offer the following types of coverage:

  • Auto– If you currently use vehicles to run your business, you will need a solid auto policy protecting your drivers and your vehicles. 
  • Property Damage– A commercial insurance policy can provide property damage coverage if you are operating your business out of a brick-and-mortar location. If your property or equipment is damaged or lost due to fire, natural disaster, or burglary, the policy will pay for repairs or replacement. 
  • Liability– As a business owner, you carry a distinct liability risk. If someone is hurt at your place of business, or if someone is hurt because of your goods or services, liability coverage will pay for any expense that could result. 

If you would like to learn more about commercial insurance or any of our other services, please contact us at Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc, serving Green, OH, and the surrounding areas. 

Commercial Insurance Options for Your Ohio Business

If you own a business in Ohio, there are two types of commercial insurance you are required to carry on your business. These include commercial auto liability insurance and worker’s compensation insurance. The commercial insurance agents at the Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. in Green, OH understand the importance of keeping your business protected and secure.

Commercial Auto Liability Insurance

In the state of Ohio, all drivers must have at least a liability auto insurance policy. This will cover injuries or property damage that occurs in an accident that is your fault. This applies to any vehicle owned by your business and any personal vehicles used to conduct business for your store or company.

Worker’s Compensation Insurance

If you have any employees working for your business in Ohio, you must have a worker’s compensation insurance policy in place. This will cover any injuries or illnesses that your employees suffer due to their employment with your business. This type of insurance will help pay their medical bills in their time off of work.

General Liability Commercial Insurance

A general liability commercial insurance policy will protect you if a customer or someone else is injured at your business or due to something involving your business. This means if someone slips and falls in your store and breaks their arm, their medical bills will be covered by this part of your commercial insurance policy.

Property Damage Insurance

Property damage insurance will cover your business if destroyed or damaged by a fire, natural disaster, or vandalism. This type of policy will also cover your products if a theft incident occurs at your business.

To create a policy for you in your business that contains all of the coverage options you need, you should contact the experienced and trusted commercial insurance agents at the Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. in Green, OH today to get your policy started.

Five Things to Know about Commercial Insurance

As a business owner in Green, OH, you need an understanding of how commercial insurance can be used to protect your business assets, reputation, and employees. There are some things you should know when shopping for commercial insurance with an agent at Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II, Inc.

1. What is commercial insurance?

Commercial insurance can be comprised of different categories. You likely need general liability insurance, property insurance, and commercial auto insurance if you have company vehicles. You may also want to consider workers’ compensation insurance.

2. Why do you need insurance?

Through the different categories, a solid commercial insurance policy can protect your business from theft and damage, protect you if someone is injured at your property, help if your property suffers damage, and insure your company’s cars and drivers.

3. What do you need for a commercial insurance quote?

When getting a quote, you will need information about your property, such as the building dimensions. You also need a record of the property inside, such as office supplies and equipment, machinery, furniture, and mobile equipment. You will need employee and general financial information to help with the liability premium. You also should have your current policy on hand to make sure you aren’t being over or underinsured.

4. Is business insurance deductible?

Business insurance can be deductible if it covers business or trade operations. It is not deductible if it includes any loss of earnings or a self-insurance reserve fund.

5. Is commercial insurance required by law?

In Ohio, you are required to have workers’ compensation insurance if you have one or more employees. Other insurance is not required, but it is always a good idea to have to protect your business.

Contact Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II, Inc. to get a quote on commercial insurance. 

Our Partner
  • AllState
  • Foremost
  • Frankenmuth
  • Hiscox
  • Liberty
  • National General
  • Nationwide
  • Progressive
  • Safeco
  • The Hartford
  • Travelers
  • USLI
  • Utica National
  • Westfield