Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II, Inc.

2205 Greensburg Rd
Green, OH 44720

Get Directions

Do You Need Boat Insurance?

When you own a boat, you’re free to take to the waterways near Green, OH on your own terms. While you’re enjoying the sun and fun, you may wonder whether you have enough insurance to cover anything that might come up while you’re exploring the nearest lake or river. At Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc., we can evaluate your existing boat insurance and help you understand why it’s important to protect your vessel with the right coverage.

Do You Really Need to Buy Boat Insurance?

Although you may not think insurance is worth it, you might change your mind if you’re ever in a collision or other mishap. The risks you face in the water are very different from those you face when driving your car or other vehicles. Besides, many marinas require proof of insurance before you’re allowed to dock your boat there.

Why Is Boat Insurance So Important?

When you get behind the helm of your boat, you assume certain responsibilities to yourself, your passengers, and other vessels in the water. Property insurance will pay for repairs if your boat is damaged in an accident. Liability coverage will pay for bodily injury and property damage to other boats in an accident you cause.

What Does Most Boat Insurance Cover?

Every policy is unique, but most boat insurance covers wreckage and fuel spills. However, it’s important to understand how your specific policy is written and what that means in the case of a future claim.

Where Can You Find Answers to Your Boat Insurance Questions?

Contact Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. to review your boat insurance or to get a quote on what it would cost to safeguard your vessel in the event of an accident or other covered peril near Green, OH.

5 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Umbrella Insurance

If you ask a random person walking down the street in Green, OH, they probably have no idea how umbrella insurance works. Fortunately, it’s not as complicated as it sounds. In today’s guide, we’re going to go over 5 things you probably don’t know about umbrella insurance. And, if you’re currently in need of umbrella insurance, be sure to check out our site at Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. today. Now, let’s get started!

What Is Umbrella Insurance?

Umbrella insurance is a type of liability insurance that provides additional coverage beyond the limits of your other insurance policies, such as home or auto insurance. It is one of the most comprehensive types of insurance. 

What Does It Protect?

Umbrella insurance can protect you from a variety of liability claims, like property damage or bodily injury caused by an accident (if you are found at fault), or even lawsuits for libel.

Is It Expensive?

Umbrella insurance is relatively inexpensive compared to other types of insurance and can provide you with a lot of extra protection for a relatively low cost.

What Limits Do I Need?

When purchasing umbrella insurance, it’s important to carefully consider your coverage needs and make sure you have adequate limits to protect your assets. Most policies start at $1 million in coverage, but higher limits are available as needed.

Can I Bundle Umbrella Insurance?

It’s important to note that umbrella insurance is not a standalone policy and is typically only available to those who have underlying insurance policies, such as home or auto insurance, with certain minimum coverage limits.

And remember, if you’re in Green, OH and need umbrella insurance, be sure to reach out to us at Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. today.

Here Are 5 Facts About Condo Insurance

If you have just bought a condo or rented one, most of your cost will be for maintenance and protection of the areas that the building has. However, this does not cover the cost of your belongings; you need to insure them to avoid loss.

At Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc., we provide condo insurance that helps protect you from losing a considerable amount of money whenever there is damage to the unit. If you are in Green, OH, condo insurance is a must, especially when you have valuable belongings and there is a risk of causing damage to the unit.

Condo Insurance: What You Need To Know

When getting condo insurance, it’s essential to understand what it incorporates and how to go about it. When you are unsure how to go about condo insurance, you can contact us at Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc to get all the answers and information you need. 

  • It’s important to note that the condominium association ensures the outer structure of the condo building. This is guided by the condo master policy agreement that states the part owned and insured by the association and what part makes up the individual unit you are responsible for insuring. As an owner, you are responsible for everything inside the drywall.
  • You need to understand the specific agreement in the master policy to know the owner’s insurable interest in the condo unit. When looking for condo insurance, you should look for one that covers real property and building addition and alteration, loan assessment, and personal property.
  • Most condo owners are moving towards policies that provide less coverage for a lower cost. That shifts more risk and responsibility to the unit owners.
  • If you are in the Green, OH area, consider reviewing the unit owners’ building property coverage with us to clearly understand the coverage you need in the event of a loss.
  • Most owners don’t understand the interaction between the master and individual policies, especially during loss assessment. Condo owners should understand their obligation in the event of a loss.

Reach Us Today

To better understand how condo insurance works, reach out to us at Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc, and we will find the right coverage for your needs. 

How Much Time Do You Have to Add a New Car to Your Auto Insurance Policy?

One of the biggest misconceptions about purchasing a new car is that you have to add the car to your auto insurance policy before you drive it off the lot. This is not the case, and in most cases, you have a grace period for adding a new car to your auto insurance policy. Here at Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc., serving the greater Green, OH area, we want to help you understand how much time you have to add a new car to your auto insurance policy.

How Much Time Do You Have to Add a New Car to Your Auto Insurance Policy?

As a general rule of thumb, most insurance companies give you a grace period to add a newly purchased vehicle to your auto insurance policy. Your policy will state how long you have to add a new vehicle to your auto insurance policy, but as a general rule of thumb, most insurance give anywhere from 14 to 30 days. 

How Do You Find Out How Much Time You Have to Add a New Car to Your Auto Insurance Policy?

The best way to find out how much time you have to add a new car to your auto insurance policy is to read your policy or ask your insurance agent. Your policy will state that new cars are covered under an insurance grace period as long as you add the vehicle to your policy within a set amount of time. The policy will list that specific time frame. 

Give Us A Call

If you have purchased a new vehicle, the team at Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc., serving the greater Green, OH area, would love to help you get the auto insurance coverage you need to protect you and your new car. Call us now to get started. 

The Benefits of Commercial Insurance for Employers with Independent Contractors

If you are an employer who hires independent contractors, you may be wondering if commercial insurance is necessary for your business. While the answer to this question can be complex, the short answer is yes. Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. explains.

Why Is Commercial Insurance Necessary? 

Commercial insurance helps protect employers from numerous risks associated with hiring independent contractors in Green, OH. These policies help cover medical expenses in case of an accident or injury on the job, as well as legal expenses if an employee files a lawsuit against the company.

Additionally, these policies can also provide coverage in cases where an independent contractor fails to complete their contracted work or materials they provided have caused damage or losses to your business. 

What Kinds Of Coverage Do I Need? 

The type of coverage you need will depend on the scope of work performed by your independent contractors. For instance, general liability policies are good for covering any damages incurred by third parties while doing business with you (slips & falls on the premises, etc.)

Worker’s compensation policies provide benefits to employees who sustain an injury at work; this includes both traditional employees and independent contractors. Professional liability policies offer protection from financial loss due to errors in services provided by employees or independent contractors.

Give Us A Call

If you are an employer in Green, OH who hires independent contractors, then it is essential that you obtain adequate commercial insurance coverage. This is to protect yourself from potential liabilities and losses resulting from work-related activities. Contact Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. today so that we can help you get the right coverage for your business.

Should I Insure My Home After It’s Paid Off?

It is not required for Green, OH residents to procure homeowners insurance, but most lenders will compel you to as long as there is an outstanding balance.

For those whose houses are paid for, there are benefits to continuing to insure your property:

Homes can be subject to sudden malfunctions that necessitate costly repairs. Even weather events, such as lightning strikes or high winds, can wreak havoc that can otherwise set you back financially.

Potential situations like house fires can render your home a total loss, leaving you with nowhere to go. Some types of indemnification help cover your hotel stay. Your knowledgeable Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. agent can go over specific scenarios that would be included in your coverage. 

Your home and possessions can also be subject to a burglary, and you may own expensive electronics, jewelry, and clothing. Vandals can do damage to your exterior walls, and your indemnification often covers this type of peril. 

You may also have other structures on your land that can be affected by the elements or other hazards. In addition, people can sometimes be hurt on your property through slips or falls, and this can result in medical bills and lost wages. Certain situations can even arise in legal fees, and you can be taken to court. 

Having homeowners insurance can also ensure that real estate agents and buyers will want to partner with you should you sell, as a lack of coverage can put others’ investments at risk. 

Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. Is Here to Help 

Specializing in various insurance packages, we can put together something to fit your needs. We serve those living in the Green, OH region, and we invite you to reach us by calling, visiting online, or stopping into our office to discuss your options. 

Why is Renters Insurance Important?

There are many types of insurance, including homeowners, care insurance, commercial insurance, etc. Today we are going to talk about renters insurance. There are a percentage of people who think renters insurance is pointless and a waste of money. Our team of insurance experts at Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc in Green, OH beg to differ.

Here is why renters insurance is important to have:

The landlord’s insurance does not cover you

Landlords are required to have their insurance for the property. Many believe that their landlord’s insurance covers them. The landlord’s insurance only covers the structure of the property in the event of a fire or other natural disaster.

Your belongings are protected

You may believe that your stuff is not worth anything, and there is no reason to have renters’ insurance for your belongings. If you look around, you might find that it would take a lot more to replace all the electronics, clothes, furniture, etc. that you have.

Additional living expenses

If something happens to the place that you are renting, your insurance can help cover the costs of hotel rooms or other places, as well as the costs of other living expenses while you are there.

Liability coverage

Contrary to popular belief, renter insurance covers not only your belongings. It also covers you in case someone gets hurt at your home or because of something that you did outside of your home. It covers medical bills because of liability and if someone sues you.

It is sometimes required

Some landlords require you to get renters’ insurance before you even sign the lease.

It is affordable

Some people don’t have renters’ insurance because they think they can’t afford it. Renters’ insurance is cheaper than most people think.

Give Us A Call

Stop by or contact us to get a quote at Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc in Green, OH.

4 Motorhome Insurance Coverage Options to Consider

If you own a motorhome, you want the best insurance coverage that suits your needs. That means a good policy that you can rely on during rainy days. Luckily, many motorhome insurance options exist to provide you with the proper protection for your peace of mind. Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc in Green, OH can help you navigate this important coverage.

Here are some options you can consider while buying motorhome insurance:

Liability coverage

Liability coverage is what most states like Ohio require one to have while riding in their motorhomes. Liability insurance pays for damages caused to others when you are at fault after an accident. For example, medical bills may result after bodily injuries following an accident.

Uninsured and underinsured motorists

The law requires people to have at least liability insurance. Not all people follow the law. If your RV gets hit by someone without insurance, you might be forced to pay for the resulting damage to your RV. Likewise, if an underinsured motorist hits you, the policy may not cover all the damage. However, you don’t have to bear the consequences of underinsured and uninsured coverage.

Comprehensive coverage

You can encounter all sorts of trouble with your pricy motorhome, from falling trees, theft, and vandalism to fire. You can’t tell what will happen outdoors and indoors, which is why comprehensive coverage comes in handy, as it covers most of the things that could happen to your motorhome.

Collision coverage

Collision coverage pays for damage caused to your motorhome resulting from a crash. This policy repairs or replaces your motorhome after a collision.

Get Motorhome Insurance Today

If you want to enjoy your motorhome with peace of mind, consider motorhome insurance from Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc in Green, OH. Contact us today for an affordable quote.

RV Insurance: What You Need To Know

If you’re planning on hitting the open road in an RV, then you need to make sure that you have the proper insurance coverage from Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. in Green, OH. Here’s what you need to know about RV insurance, from the types of coverage available to how much it will cost you.

There are three main types of RV insurance coverage: liability, collision, and comprehensive

Liability insurance covers damages that you may cause to other people or property while operating your RV. This is the minimum amount of coverage required in most states, and it’s important to make sure that you have this type of coverage in case of an accident. 

Collision insurance covers damages to your RV if you’re involved in an accident with another vehicle. This type of coverage is important if you have a newer or more expensive RV, as it will help to cover the cost of repairs.

Comprehensive insurance covers damages to your RV that are caused by something other than a collision, such as fire, theft, or vandalism. This type of coverage is not required in most states, but it’s a good idea to have if you want to be fully protected against any possible damages. 

The amount of coverage you need will depend on the value of your RV and how much risk you’re willing to take on. For example, if you have a newer and more expensive RV, you’ll probably want to get more comprehensive coverage than someone with an older and less expensive RV. 

The cost of RV insurance varies depending on a number of factors, including the value of your RV, the amount and type of coverage you choose, and where you live. 

Get RV Insurance Today 

RVing is a great way to see the country and spend time with family and friends. However, before you hit the open road, you need to make sure that you have the proper insurance coverage. At Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. in Green, OH, we can help you find the right RV insurance policy for your needs. Contact us today to get started.

Reasons You Need Motorcycle Insurance

When you first buy a motorcycle, you probably can’t wait to get out on the open road. However, you need to make sure that you have motorcycle insurance. Consult with Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. in Green, OH to learn more about your options.

Here are some reasons why you need this coverage:

It will cover any damage to another vehicle if you were at fault in an accident

If you hit someone when you are out riding, your insurance will cover any damage that occurs to any of the other vehicles involved. 

It can also cover medical (and legal) expenses

Liability insurance will cover any medical expenses that occur due to the accident. If you end up getting sued, it will help you with your legal expenses also. 

If you damage property in your accident, it would also be covered

There are times when you might hit a fence or a shed during your accident, and you would be liable for the damage. Your insurance will cover those expenses. 

If you get collision and comprehensive insurance, it may also cover the damage to your motorcycle

If your motorcycle is totaled, it will give you money to get your next motorcycle. 

You may also be required to get insurance if you took out financing to purchase your motorcycle

Your lender will want to protect their investment and require you to have insurance. 

You should never ride without insurance. It will cover any damage to another vehicle, property, and even the medical bills of those that are injured in the accident. You may also be required to have insurance from your lender. 

Give Us A Call

If you want to make sure that you and your motorcycle are protected, you should contact us today at Ken Boldt Insurance Agency II Inc. in Green, OH. 

Our Partner
  • AllState
  • Foremost
  • Frankenmuth
  • Hiscox
  • Liberty
  • National General
  • Nationwide
  • Progressive
  • Safeco
  • The Hartford
  • Travelers
  • USLI
  • Utica National
  • Westfield